TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully about our terms and conditions to avoid furthure misunderstandings
Private tour packages, Customised tours, Small group (sharing) tours and One day tours offered by Myanmar Upper Land | Culture & Travel (will be used as “MUL” hereafter) can be booked online, via email, or at our office in person in Mandalay, Myanmar.
ALL ONLINE BOOKINGS with MUL will be confirmed within 48 hours of the booking being made, subject to availability. Bookings made via email will be confirmed from MUL’s office once the itinerary and final price have been finalized.
If the booking date is 45 days before the date of travel, the client needs to pay a 10% deposit of the tour cost at the time of booking via MUL’s online payment for: Private tour packages, and Small group (sharing) tours. But 30% deposit of the tour cost is needed for Customised tours.
One day tours will be charged the full amount at the time of booking.
After your booking has been confirmed for any tour there is no refund for late arrival, for departing the tour before its completion, or for unused services.
By making a booking, the first named person or primary contact person for the reservation is responsible for all persons in the booking group. All members of the group should read and agree on our terms & conditions.
Small-Group Tour Prices
The prices for MUL’s small group tours are per person and subject to minimum numbers. Where minimum number have not been met 45 days before the travel date, MUL reserves the right to nominate a small group surcharge to guarantee the departure. Alternatively, you may cancel your booking for a full refund minus the transaction fee of 5.5%. You will not be entitled to claim any additional refunds or seek compensation for other expenses, loss of time or general inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, equipment purchases, non-refundable flights and taxes).
We use AnyRoad (also called “AnyGuide”) platform for tour reservations and payments to facilitate online booking and for an optimized customer experience. AnyRoad (AnyGuide) is an Experience Relationship Management Company based in San Francisco, USA. AnyRoad is a reliable payment platform that we have used for many years.
There may be a small service fee (charged by AnyRoad) in addition to the tour price for certain tours. You will be informed of any additional fee before the payment is processed.
Note: The above terms & conditions are only for B2C online bookings, and different terms & conditions apply for B2B partners.
MUL reserves the right to cancel tours at any time before the travel start date in case of acts of terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events outside of its control which make it not feasible to operate the planned itinerary during the confirmed dates. In such cases you will receive a full refund minus the transaction fee of 5.5%.
Any cancellation by travellers must be made via email to MUL or via the AnyRoad booking platform. The date on which we receive written confirmation of the cancellation will be used as the official date of cancellation. The cancellation will take effect subject to the following cancellation policies:
One Day Tours:
All one-day tour bookings can be cancelled up to 2 days before the travel start date for a 90% refund, with no refunds from 2 days before the travel start date onwards.
Multi-day tours: (Private Tours, Customised Tours, Group sharing Tours)
All cancellations will be charged as follows:
- More than 45 days before travel start date: 10% of the tour cost
- 30– 45 days before travel start date: 30% of the tour cost
- Less than 30 days before travel start date: 100% of the tour cost
- No-show fees is 100% of tour cost
- The service fee for using the AnyGuide platform (if applicable) is non-refundable
- Any one child who will be aged 0-5 years old on the travel start date (and who will share a bed with their parents) will not be charged for tour costs except the related airfares charges, bus fares, train tickets and boat tickets included within the program.
- If more than one child who will be aged 0-5 years old on the travel start date is travelling then each child will be charged the rate for 5-10 years old.
- Children who will be aged 5-10 years old on the travel start date will be charged accordingly. We will offer an extra bed in their parent’s room. If the number of children exceeds 2 pax, the full adult rate will be charged for each child and they will have their own room/s.
- Children who will be older than 10 years old on the travel start date will be charged the full adult rate.
- Information about children are not provided in MUL’s booking page. You need directly informing us in advance via email for the price if you want to include the child on tour.
- If the above guidelines are not directly applicable for your booking you can contact us directly at email@example.com for clarification.
- MUL’s private overnight tours, small group (sharing) tours, and customised tours are based on twin room (two single beds) or double room (one double bed) sharing. Connecting rooms cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability at the hotel.
- Children aged between 5-10 years old must stay with an extra bed in the same room of their parents or guardians. Children under 5 years old are expected to share the bed of their parents or guardians unless an extra bed is requested at the time of booking. Baby cots are not guaranteed and subject to availability so please inform us at the time of booking if one is required.
- In the case of MUL Small group (sharing) tour bookings, we will arrange the necessary number of twin rooms plus extra beds (if requested) for group sizes of 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 or 13 pax (including children 5-10 years old) in the same booking. For groups with odd numbers you can also request for a single room on the “Additional options” page of MUL’s booking page. Subject to availability at the hotel where your booking is made, single room requests can be accepted until 30 days before the travel start date via email.
- Solo travelers sleeping in a single room should check the single supplement cost for their booking. What is a single supplement? The single supplement is a travel industry premium charged to solo travellers when they take a room alone.
- According to standard hospitality in Myanmar, check-in time at hotels is after 14:00, and check-out time is noon. Early check-in and late check-out charges will be charged to the client’s account by the hotel (unless requested to MUL in advance).
Although we take all care possible when sourcing accommodation providers, we accept no liability for injury, damage, delay, loss, accident, or irregularity with regards to your stay at any hotel during your tour.
- Modification of booking by the customer will lead to additional charges in the following cases:
- An increase in the number of travelers
- Changing the travel date
- An increase in the number of services booked
- Change of hotel
MUL does not charge for the administrative costs on those changes, but charges are levied by hotels, ground operators and/or airlines.
No amendments are permitted to your booking within 15 days of the travel start date.
Age and Health Requirement
Most of MUL’s trips have no age limit, however we remind you to ensure that all travellers are suitably physically fit for the tour that has been booked to allow full participation. We can provide details on mandatory health requirements if necessary. We strongly suggest that you obtain proper and detailed medical advice in advance of arrival in the destination.
All visa arrangements are the sole responsibility of the traveller. You may be asked by MUL for passport detail information when making a booking, but these are not taken for visa application purposes.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the tour price of MUL. It is a condition of booking a tour with MUL to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and/or personal items, and cancellation. You must provide evidence to MUL that you have obtained personal travel insurance before your travel start date. You must ensure that your travel insurance covers all of the activities you expect to participate in.
Claims & Complaints
In case you have any complaints about your trip, please inform your tour guide or our local hotline phone number – 09 444 02 83 02 at any time so that they can attempt to rectify the matter on the ground. When satisfaction is not reached through these means, any further complaint should be put in writing to us – firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days of the end date of the tour.
Myanmar Upper Land | Culture & Travel respects your privacy. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to you, our visitor. Employees of Myanmar Upper Land | Culture & Travel who have access to your personal data handle it fully confidentially in accordance with the principles of Myanmar Upper Land | Culture & Travel.