Sample Cultural Program (2)
From Yangon to the Shan State via Bagan and Mandalay, our route will gradually reveal the aesthetic heritage and the extreme diversity of the Burmese dynasties’ traditions and popular expressions.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Artistic forms to be discovered (subject to changes):
From Yangon to the Shan State via Bagan and Mandalay, our route will gradually reveal the aesthetic heritage and the extreme diversity of the Burmese dynasties’ traditions and popular expressions: marionettes on ‘live’ wires, Yok Thei, dances from the ancient Burmese courts with their princely bearing and acrobatic style, the Ramayana theatre, warlike dances from the Shan minority. The Nat Kadaw mediums’ enraptured ritual shows us a world where an unbounded trance is increased tenfold by the frenetic Saing Waing orchestra which makes the heart beat and the senses reel.
Integration of some following activities in each program;
- Orchestra (Hsaing Waing) and harp (Saung Gauk) duet
- Classical Masked Theater about the Myanmar Ramayana story
- Popular and comic Theater Zat Pwe
- Popular countryside village music and dance
- String Puppets Theater Yok Thei Pwe
- Classical/ court/ Anyeint Dances
- Nat Pwe Ritual
- Popular acrobatic game chinlon
- Traditional music and dances of the Shan people
What you can expect!
- More familiar with the Myanmar arts and culture
- Understand the lives of artists in Myanmar
- Experience more about Myanmar culture
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast (twin sharing)
- 2 dinner and performance at Mandalay and Yangon(traditional food with Beer/soft drink)
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fees and zone fees for the visits
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursion by private air-con vehicle
- English speaking guide
- International air tickets
- International airport departure tax
- Visa Fees
- Insurance and personal expense
- Camera fee
- Fees for the Artist if there have special requests by the travelers.
Day by Day Itinerary
Yangon – Taunggyi – Bagan – Mandalay
Yangon – Taunggyi – Bagan – Mandalay
Day 01: Yangon arrival day
- Yangon Arrival. Sightseeing of Rangoon (Shwedaggon and Sule Pagodas mainly). Introduction lecture to the Burmese culture by one of the Cultural Profession in Rangoon. In the evening, musical prelude with the complete Burmese Saing Waingorchestra and the Saung Gauk harp…
Day 02: Yangon
- A dance anthology –female dances (A-Nyeint, candle light dance…), comparative dances, acrobatic dances, male dances, duet, solos and young dancers. Meeting with traditional dance specialists.
Day 03: Yangon
- Performance of Masked Theater on the Burmese Ramayana. Popular and acrobatic traditions Chinlon (Cane Ball)
Day 04: Yangon
- Toward the Natpwe Ritual…Meeting with specialists of the ritual, searchers and filmmakers.
Day 05: Yangon – Inle by flight
- Rangoon- Taunggyi flight. Cruise on the Inle Lake and discovery of the Intha people villages and culture, floating markets, villages and pagodas on stilts.
Day 06: Inle
- Traditions of the Shan State: elephant dance, Kinari/Kinara dance, peacock dance, martial demonstrations,fire dances…Night on the Inle Lake.
Day 07: Heho – Bagan by flight
- Taunggyi-Bagan Flight. Possibility of flying in balloon over the temples at sunset.
Day 08: Bagan
- Visit of the temples in Bagan and Natpwe in the pagoda.
Day 09: Bagan – Mandalay
- Bagan-Mandalay trip. Evening : performance of Burmese puppet show Yok Thei Pwe at the Mandalay Marionnettes Theater.
Day 10: Mandalay – Taungbyone
- Festival in Taungbyone (Full Moon) – Music, dance, and Natpwe trances, performance of the popular theater Zat Pwe.
Day 11: Mandalay
- Sightseeing of Mandalay
Day 12: Mandalay – Yangon
- Mandalay-Yangon flight. Detour by the Antiques and the Bogyoke Market.
Day 13: Departure
- Today is departure day.
We use good and clean hotels for our valuable clients and our online price are based on the 3 stars hotel categories as we intend for the most pleasure for all travelers.
If you do not prefer with 3 stars hotels, you may also request for higher luxury hotels or lower budget hotels and we are happy to offer the update price for this tour. Please let us know in advance.
|Destination||Hotel name||No. of nights|
|Yangon||Reno hotel||5 nights|
|Mandalay||Hotel Yadanarbon||3 nights|
|Nyaung Shwe||Royal Inle hotel||2 nights|
|Bagan||Zfreeti hotel||2 nights|
If the mentioned hotels are fully booked on your travel date, then we will try to book alternative hotels which are in the same level.
If you book this tour during water festival (13 to 18 April 2019), our tour price will be changed and kindly contact us for the extra charges. If you have any more question please contact us this email (email@example.com).
We operate this tour in privately as we, MUL considered to the privacy of the travellers and not sharing with other travelers. But solo traveler can still book for this tour with reasonable (solo) price by choosing 1 pax at our checkout page.
Yes you can discuss with us before you confirm the tour as we arrange privately for customized culture tour.
This tour cannot be booked in last minute. We recommend you to book this tour at least 20 days in advance to have secure arrangements especially for the culture activities.