Sample Cultural Program(1)
From Yangon to the Shan State via Bagan and Mandalay, our route will gradually reveal the aesthetic heritage and the extreme diversity of the Burmese dynasties’ traditions and popular expressions.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Artistic forms to be discovered (subject to changes):
From Yangon to the Shan State via Bagan and Mandalay, our route will gradually reveal the aesthetic heritage and the extreme diversity of the Burmese dynasties’ traditions and popular expressions: marionettes on ‘live’ wires, Yok Thei, dances from the ancient Burmese courts with their princely bearing and acrobatic style, the Ramayana theatre, warlike dances from the Shan minority. The Nat Kadaw mediums’ enraptured ritual shows us a world where an unbounded trance is increased tenfold by the frenetic Hsaing Waing orchestra which makes the heart beat and the senses reel.
Integration of some following activities in each program;
- Orchestra (Hsaing Waing) and harp (Saung Gauk) duet
- Classical Masked Theater about the Myanmar Ramayana story
- Popular and comic Theater Zat Pwe
- Popular countryside village music and dance
- String Puppets Theater Yok Thei Pwe
- Classical / court / Anyeint Dances
- Nat Pwe Ritual
- Popular acrobatic game chinlon
- Traditional music and dances of the Shan people
What you can expect!
- More familiar with the Myanmar arts and culture
- Understand the lives of artists in Myanmar
- Experience more about Myanmar culture
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast (twin sharing)
- 2 dinner and performance at Mandalay and Yangon(traditional food with Beer/soft drink)
- Domestic flight tickets
- Entrance fees and zone fees for the visits
- All transfers, sightseeing and excursion by private air-con vehicle
- English speaking guide
- International air tickets
- International airport departure tax
- Visa Fees
- Insurance and personal expense
- Camera fee
- Fees for the Artist if there have special requests by the travelers.
Day by Day Itinerary
Yangon - Mandalay - Yangon
Day 01: Yangon arrival
- Yangon airport transfer with guide service, Yangon full day sightseeing.
Day 02: Yangon- Mandalay (by morning flight)
- Transfer to Yangon airport without guide service to take the flight to Mandalay
- Upon arrival at airport welcomed by our guide and visit Mahaganthayon monastery – the daily life of the monks studying Buddha’s scriptures, Mahamuni Pagoda. Then transfer to the hotel and leisure time
- Suppose to meet the Professional Guide at the evening (to discuss about the program detail during your stay in Mandalay )
Day 03: Mandalay – Taung Pyone (Nat Festival)
- visit to Taung Pyone , associated by MUL’s Professional Guide
Day 04: Culture Activities in Mandalay
- Encounter with some Professional Artists (Dancers + Musicians) , suppose to be associated by Professional Guide.
- Entertainment by the Artists for the Myanmar Traditional dance and Music.
Day 05: Mandalay – Taung Pyone
- Artistic discovery trip again in Taung Pyone Festival and encounter with ZatPwe (Traditional Performing arts) artists there in Taung Pyone at the night performance. Guide service included:
Day 06: Mandalay sightseeing
- Sightseeing around Mandalay and Sagaing including handcraft workshops with guide service
- Myanmar Traditional Dinner host by Myanmar Upper Land | culture & travel with invited Professional Local Artists then Mandalay Marionettes Show..
Day 07: Mandalay – Yangon (morning flight)
- Transfer to Mandalay Air-Port without Guide Service
- Sightseeing in Yangon (or) shopping , Guide service
Day 08: Cultural Activities in Yangon
- Meet the Professional Artists in Yangon, Guide service for the translation
- Evening Performance and Dinner at Kandaw Gyi Palace Hotel for Myanmar Traditional Dance and Music.
Day 09: Yangon Morning leisure time
- Airport transfer without guide
We use good and clean hotels for our valuable clients and our online price are based on the 3 stars hotel categories as we intend for the most pleasure for all travelers.
If you do not prefer with 3 stars hotels, you may also request for higher luxury hotels or lower budget hotels and we are happy to offer the update price for this tour. Please let us know in advance.
|Destination||Hotel name||No. of nights|
|Yangon||Reno hotel||3 nights|
|Mandalay||Hotel Yadanarbon||5 nights|
If the mentioned hotels are fully booked on your travel date, then we will try to book alternative hotels which are in the same level.
If you book this tour during water festival (13 to 18 April 2019), our tour price will be changed and kindly contact us for the extra charges. If you have any more question please contact us this email (email@example.com).
We operate this tour in privately as we, MUL considered to the privacy of the travellers and not sharing with other travelers. But solo traveler can still book for this tour with reasonable (solo) price by choosing 1 pax at our checkout page.
Yes you can discuss with us before you confirm the tour as we arrange privately for customized culture tour.
This tour cannot be booked in last minute. We recommend you to book this tour at least 20 days in advance to have secure arrangements especially for the culture activities.