MUL's VIRUS PROTOCOL for TOURS & ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
We, MUL, is introducing the following etiquettes for the operation of tours and adventure activities while we are with COVID-19. Of course, we also keep in mind the SAFETY of teams, travellers and community.
All teams working in the conduction of tours and adventure activities were trained into the following virus-related protocols.
- Prevention of Infection, Breaking the Chain & Hygiene Protocols
- Physical Distancing Protocols
- Emergency Protocols
- Dynamic Problem Solving
- Updated First Aid training
All members of the team could maintain an updated training record as proof of the training.
All tour leaders/guides have to maintain a Daily Leader Log according in a pre-established format to record itinerary and points of contact to facilitate contact tracing should the need arise. This could include daily temperature checks and self-administered symptom information by the clients. At the same time, the Guide will be containing extra masks, soap and/or sanitizers.
Daily briefings to include hygiene, physical distancing and emergency protocols. Regular communication, when possible, with the office to report and get updates on the overall situation. So the tour itinerary can be followed and adapted according to the location.
The Guide would be mindful of communities where the tours and adventure activities are happening and minimize the chances of infection.
REQUEST TRAVELLERS TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
Travellers are requested to fill out not only a Booking Form that includes necessary travelling details but also a particular form for physical information such as any medical problems, any chronic diseases and their travel history for the last 28 days.
The traveller would agree (in writing) that they might have to leave the trip/trek if the Guide deems this to be medically necessary, possibly with the consent of authorized local medical officer.
- For tour meals, we selected organized restaurants depends on their hygiene levels and adherence to the restaurant protocol
- The Tour Guide will have Regular contact with the office to know ground situations
- The private travelling group would maintain distance from other travelling groups + villagers
- The private travelling group won’t invite other people to dine or visit together.
- The private travelling group won’t enter villagers’ houses, have encounters with villagers outside at a safe distance
- Only Mingalarpar, no hugs or handshakes with anyone at any time.